Thursday, August 23, 2007

A little update....

Just wanted to say a short hello since neither Jeff nor I have had a chance to get on here in awhile and update you all on our lives. First off, its finally a hot sunny day after 4 consecutive days of non-stop rain and cloudy skies. However, it is supposed to rain again later tonight Jeff just told me, so we better get our lawn mowed soon! I guess I just watered the flowers for no reason. haha.


Jeff and I are still just busy working everyday and coming home to lots of unfinished business with the house. We FINALLY got the painting of our bedroom and bath done, and all of the office furniture is assembled and up! The only major things left are painting the kitchen and office and doing a little decorating of the walls and things here and there. We are taking a trip to IKEA next weekend to hopefully find some good finishing touches and possibly some dining room chairs, as we still don't have any of those yet. I also suprised Jeff last night with a very early birthday present of some Cubs tickets to a baseball game that same weekend, on Sept. 1. He has been wanting to go to a game since I met him, and I thought this would be the perfect time so I looked and looked and finally got lucky and found tickets thru a guy I work with. I was going to wait until next week to give them to Jeff, but just couldn't wait any longer so I spilled the beans last night and he is really excited. So it should be a fun weekend.


I do want to say how much I miss everyone, especially my family and close friends. Alexis, I am beginning to get very sad that you are leaving! I promise I'll see you before you go. The transition of moving here to Ft. Wayne probably went better than I expected, and getting to work full-time with Jeff's mom has been great so that I can at least have an income while I'm getting settled. I do tend to get nervous, however, when I start thinking about how I need to look for a job of my own and where I am going to find one. I still don't know the area all that well so it may take some time to figure it out. Everyone is very nice, friendly, and helpful here though so I hope I don't have any problems finding something.


Well, I suppose I shall try and enjoy the rest of the sunny day. Jeff and I are going to grill some steaks and maybe eat out back. Too bad we have no friends here to invite over! Keep in touch everybody! And check out our picture site to see the update house photos.


Talk to you soon!
Love,Sarah

P.S. Here is me with my new hair cut!


1 comment:

Alexis said...

I am jealous you cut your hair! The house looks great :) I can't wait to see you next week...whenever we find the time. Miss you. x